Sunday, August 10, 2014

PreCana Marriage Prep Weekend has Come and Gone

I'm really excited to say that Addison and I went through our pre-Cana wedding prep this past weekend… I have to admit there was a part of me that was really nervous about this weekend. I had no idea what Addison would think about it seeing how I didn't even know what to expect. I was concerned that because Addison is not a practicing Catholic if a lot of the topics covered were predominantly Catholic I was concerned that it would just turn him off. He's such an amazing man though… When I expressed these concerns with him he told me to not feel that way that he was looking forward to it and that no matter what he would find the good in it.

I'm happy to say… That throughout the weekend he said multiple times how grateful he was for the opportunity to participate in this weekend with me. When I ask for him to share a little bit on why he loved the weekend so much he said mainly it allowed him to focus on the importance of marriage and to understand in a concrete way what exactly we were signing up for. And he said it just reinforced more and more how excited he was that I am to be his bride… That we would be entering into a lifetime together as partners. It was even interesting that today he said to me that never in his life did he think his priorities would be what they are becoming… Saying never did he think family would be this important to him and that it would serve such a prominent place in his mind and heart. I have to say he is such an amazing man and I feel blessed and honored that I get to enter into this life with him. I have no question that God really knew what he was doing when he brought us into each others lives and now bringing us into this next stage of forever together!

One of the best things I got out of the weekend was probably  thinking more and more about how we can and should integrate prayer more constantly into our relationship. There were several times that I reflected on the fact that we truly do have a blessed relationship and that if we were to more regularly ask God to enter into it with us what amazing amazing things He will do in and through us. I'm grateful that as I expressed these thoughts with him he agreed and is excited for us to start thinking through more on how we will work on more intentionally bringing him into our daily life...


No comments:

Post a Comment